Monday, November 13, 2006

Precious baby was sick this weekend. Sicker than she's ever been. She had some kind of stomach bug and was vomiting and had diarrhea. Poor little thing! It started on Saturday. She woke up at about 3 am, crying. She threw up in her little bed. I picked her up and tried to comfort her. In the dark I hadn't realized that she had thrown up until she did it again, this time down my back. She was so upset and scared, and so was I! Hubby, meanwhile, got up and pulled the sheets off her little bed and put a towel down. I got her cleaned up and calmed down and back to sleep. She woke up about two hours later, and puked again, several times. So it went. She'd puke, nurse, calm down, sleep, and then wake up and repeat. She puked in her bed, our bed, down my back, down my front, on the floor, on Hubby... You name it.

she recovered on Sunday... She was sick a few more times, but each time it was further apart and a lot less than before. By Sunday evening she was reclining in Hubbys arms like a tiny baby, holding her cuppy, drinking a mixture of juice, pedialyte and water. She was wakeful on Sunday night, but no puking! I was so relieved.

The amount of laundry produced by Precious Baby's illness was staggering. I think Hubby and I did 5 or 6 loads yesterday. The sheets for our bed, her bed, all the towels that she either puked on or we used to clean her or ourselves, the multiple sets of jammies for each of us, it was just unreal.

I'm just so glad it's over and she's feeling better. There is nothing worse than knowing your precious child doesn't feel good.

But the laundry was a close second!

No comments: