Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's cold today!
I'm so glad. Here in our part of Texas, it seems like it's never winter... In fact we never have seasons... Just warm and hot. I actually got to wear my favorite 3/4 length leather coat and I dressed precious baby in her new winter coat... A little velvet swing coat number! So cute! Now she just needs a cute little fair isle knit cap with ears that ties under the chin!

Ok, I'm closet fashionista... I just lack the execution. I really want to look nice, and put together and wear makeup, etc... But I end up looking like a frump. I think part of it is that I'm still carrying around more pounds than I'd like. I've been running, and for a while it seemed to work, but I think I've hit a plateau. I've read up on best shape of your life and something called the five factor, and I think that kind of a blend of these two approaches might work for me. So, I'm going to try to work out at the gym every other day, doing a few "major muscle group " moves to muscle failure, and then do some intense cardio for about 15 minutes. On the off days, I'll continue to run. I like running, because it allows me to be with Precious baby... She loves the jogging stroller! She just giggles away the entire ride.

Now, if I can just stick to that, and see some results, I think I'll be more motivated to do more with my appearance... I'd like to have a more fashionable hair style. Right now, my hair is long- to the middle of my back, all one length, uncolored and badly in need of a trim. I've had long layers before, so I'd kind of like to go back to that, maybe just longer overall. Really, what I want is hair that looks like a shampoo commercial... Long, thick, bouncy... And with totally no effort. Yeah, right. Like that's going to happen. Realistically, any style I choose over what I have now is going to require more than the wash and wear I do now. Funny, there was a time when I got up every morning and did the wash/dry/style routine.... What happened? Oh, yeah, I had a child. I suddenly learned to value sleep over style.

No comments: