Thursday, October 12, 2006

She is walking!

Precious baby is walking. She's been working on it for a while... and she still is... she's walking about four or five steps, falling on her behind, and then getting up and going again. I'm so thrilled, but a little sad too... she's getting to be such big girl! I look at her and wonder what happened to my tiny little baby?

It feels like I gave birth yesterday... and her first birthday is onTuesday! I'm not ready for her to grow up!

Please, stay a baby for just a little longer?

I know, it's silly.... and I'm proud of her, really I am (sniffling a little). I guess this is what I'm in for... being proud and just a little sad at each great milestone.

Speaking of birthdays, precious baby's party is this weekend, and it's going to be quite a bash... 28 people... 10 children and their parents are attending! That's a lot of cake! I had planned to bake lots of cupcakes, but considering the size of the guest list, I'm starting to reconsider that idea. My SIL suggested that I just get cake at the grocery store... and I may just go that route. It sure would be nice to take at least one thing out of this very busy weeked. Besides Precious baby's party on saturday, the Boy (my step son, age 11) has football practice on Friday night, which means we'll have to wait around for him to be done with practice, which means dinner will be late (but I refuse to have dinner without him. dinnner time is family time!). Both sets of ILs will be in town for precious baby's birthday, so there will be family to entertain, and the Boy has a football game on Saturday, late in the afternoon, the dinner with the family after. Sunday we'll all have brunch together, and then, I guess I need to start getting everything for next week together. Meh.

Much as I love Boy, and love seeing him play, I would be perfectly happy if his game were called due to weather (it could happen... there's rain in the forecast all weekend) just so that the frenetic pace of the weekend would slow just a bit.

I guess I need a vacation.

No comments: