Thursday, January 17, 2008

1/2 marathon training continues. I'm working on running longer distances now. Last weekend I ran 8 miles... this weekend I need to run 9, and then 10 the weekend after that. Then I need to take it wasy, since the race is mid february and I'll need to lay off the running the week before the race to make sure that my legs are well rested and ready to go.

I'm just getting a little frustrated though... it seems like I'm not losing any more weight... and I really want to keep loosing, because the less I weigh, the easier it is to run, and the less stress it places on my joints. Of course, I also want to be thinner for our trip this summer... but I still have a few months to make that happen. The race is in one month, and I'd like to be lighter... it's hard to run when you're heavy, which I know from experience... when I first started to run again after precious baby was born, I weighed about 190... and boy did that hurt my joints, and even my feet, trying to run at that weight!!!!

I just want to finish the half marathon. I'm not terribly hung up on the time, and I don't have any illusions about qualifying for some other race, but it sure would be nice to maintain a ten minute mile pace. that would work out to two hours, ten minutes for the entire race... I hope I can do that, or close to it... I've been running shorter distances at they gym with an average pace of 6.5 to 7 miles per hour, which is about 8-9 minute miles, so, If I slow it down to a ten minute mile pace, that would do it, right there.

No comments: