Friday, February 09, 2007

Meh. Weighed myself yesterday. Lost about three pounds. Down to 175. I wanted to weigh less! I've been busting my ass for the last two weeks and a three pound loss was all I got! I was really hoping for about a five pound loss! Oh well. Any loss is a loss and I'll take it. On the upside, my jeans feel better than ever. Hubby washed them yesterday, and we all know how jeans shrink a bit when they are washed, and when I put them on this morning they felt just fine. Hopefully in two weeks they will be loose.

Maybe I'm just getting too hung up on what the scale says. Hubby says I need to be more concerned with how my clothes fit and not concerned with the scale... maybe he's right. It is just a number... but, right now, it's a big number! I guess I wouldn't feel so bad if I were a smaller size... but I guess that's what I'm working out for.

On the positive, I ran at the gym last night on the treadmill for 45 minutes, with relative ease... I say "relative" because it seemed a little tough at first, like for about the first five minutes or so, until I got my rhythem... it's funny, but when I run I can really get into a "groove" where I feel like I could just run for miles (or hours). Last night I ran about 3.5 miles. I'll be running just about the same distance tomorrow, Saturday, pushing Precious baby in the jogging stroller when we do the Lil Longhorn 5K race. I'm not planning to run for time, just for fun and exercise... but I plan to run the whole thing.

Of course, all of the running is a lead up to the Capital 10K, which I want to run this year. In years past, I've run it... I didn't do it last year, and the year before, I was pregnant so I walked it. But I plan to run the whole thing this year... and I'll probably do the Texas Round up too, since by doing so I can get free leave from work, which is always a good thing.

Then of course, tomorrow I need to go shopping for Hubby's valentines gift. I would have done it today at lunch, but my car is in the shop so I'm not going anywhere today. But I've decided what to get him and I know where to go to get it. I won't say what, since, for all I know, he is reading the blog and I don't want to spoil the suprise. But since I will have to go to the mall to get it, that will give me a chance to visit with the bag again at the Coach store. Nothing like a little motivation to keep me going to gym and eating right!

No comments: